any android device can be hard reset from the recovery menu by selecting "wipe data/factory reset". to get to the factory reset menu android devices uses different methods, ill give you all the methods and you will see which one works for you.
- switch off your phone
- hold the volume up button and power button at the same time until you see the boot screen. release only the power button.
- that key combination will take you to the recovery menu. if it does not, use volume down instead of volume up.
- use the volume down button to scroll down to "wide data/ factory rest" and use power button or volume up as your enter button.
- now scroll down to yes
- now reboot the device.
- switch off your phone and wait until the phone is completely off
- press the power button followed by the volume down without releasing the power button
- this will take you to the reset menu.
- tap next on the screen.
- on the next screen tap restore factory
- you will see a green android followed by a boot logo screen.