Hi. Flash the Vodafone smart kicks is not a very complicated job because the vf685 is an mtk phone and it can be flashed with the sp flash tool and most people who are into cellphone repair are most familiar with the sp flash tool. Remember that after flashing your phone, you will lose all data that was stored on the phone memory and all the contacts that was save on the phone.
The instruction are going to be instructions that will be easy for everyone to understand since I don't know whether you are experienced in flash or you are a beginner. To complete the flashing process you will need certain tools, you will need to have a computer running windows and also you will need internet connection to download the required files including the firmware. You will need a quality USB cable. There is a difference between a USB cable and a charging cable but they all look alike. A charging cable can only be use for charging but a USB cable can be used for both charging and copying data from/to a computer.
Download the following files flash tool here, it will come in a zip file so extract it out of the zip file. Now download the vf685 firmware/ROM here, it also come in a zip file so you must also extract it. Now download the vcom drivers here and follow the installation instructions given on the link where you downloaded the drivers. Now that you have all the required files to flash the vf685, follow the instructions given below.
- open the sp flash tool extracted folder and double click the file named "flash_tool" to run the sp flash tool.
- Click "scatter loading" button and navigate to the extracted firmware/ROM folder and double click the only file that appears.
- After the sp flash tool has finished loading the scatter file, unchecked preloaded from the list of files to be flashed.
- Make sure you phone is off and the battery is inside.
- Now click download then connect your phone to your computer with the USD cable.
- You will see a red bar loading from from left to right followed by a yellow bar.
- After the yellow bar has finished loading, a big green tick will pop up indicating that flashing has finished.
- Remove you phone and switch it on.
Comment below if you are stuck.