Hi. I’ll be the one helping you flash your hurricane sprint today, remember that when you flash your phone all the data such as pictures music and videos stored on your phone storage will be deleted. Flashing means means removing all the data and all system files from your phone and loading new operating system and new system apps. Flashing is done when the system of your phone is corrupted or your phone does not work normal as it was when is was new. Sometimes you flash your phone because you want to update the firmware of your phone.
You will need a computer to flash your hurricane sprint. The only tested method of flashing the hurricane sprint is through a computer. Since the hurricane sprint is a mtk device, it means the only way to flash it is to use the flash tool that can only be installed on a computer operating system. You will also need a usb data cable, a usb data cable is the usb cable that can be used to transfer data from computer to phone or from phone to computer. Do not use a usb charging cable because a usb charging cable can only be used to charge only. There is no any other way to connect your phone to the computer during flashing because so far WiFi and bluetooth connection is not supported by the flash tool.
Please click here to download the hurricane sprint firmware. The firmware serves as the complete system for your hurricane sprint. Download and extract the firmware out of the zip file. Next please download the sp flash tool here and extract it out of the zip, this is the only flash tool that was tested successfully in flash mtk devices like the hurricane sprint smartphone. The last file to download is the vcom drivers, download here. On the same website where you downloaded the vcom driver, installation instructions are given on how to install the vcom drivers. The vcom drivers will help your computer to detect your hurricane sprint in flashing mode.
- Open the extracted flash tool folder on your computer and run the flash too by double clicking the file named “flash_tool”.
- Wait for the flash tool to run.
- Click the “scatter-loading” button and Navigate to the extracted firmware folder that is stored on your computer, double click the file named “mt####” (scatter file)
- Uncheck preloaded from the list of files to be loaded to your phone.
- Click download button and connect your phone to the computer with the usb data cable. (Make sure the phone is OFF).
- The flash tool will show a red bar quickly followed by a yellow bar, this means flashing has started.
- A big green tic will pop up when flashing is finished successfully