hi. today we will explained flashing in deep details, flashing a phone is when you load new firmware file to your phone. you can flash a smartphone without a computer. you can use the sd card to update the firmware of the phone but this is not recommended so that is why we are going to give the pc method where you need to have a computer to flash your phone. flash your phone using a computer it gives you many options to choose from, you can chose to format the whole phone before you load new firmware, this will help you to get rid of virus. you can also choose to format a certain partition, it can be user data or security partition.
flashing a phone is very risky so read the instruction thoroughly before you start flashing your phone. if there is any part of the instructions you do not understand please use the comment button below and we are going to assist you as fast as possible. flashing your phone will delete all of your files that you stored on the phone memory, in case you phone bricked and that is why you wish to flash it, it means you will not be able to back up your data before you flash it, you will have to admit that you have lost all the data that you stored on the phone memory.
your phone must have about 50% of battery before you start flashing though other phones can be flashed without batteries but most model have to be flashed with the battery inside. if the phone is not switching on and you are unable to see whether the battery is charging or not, you will need to use another phone of the same model to charge your battery then take it back to the phone that you wish to flash. if you are using a laptop to flash your phone please make sure the laptop is plugged in the charger or you know that the remaining battery power will last for 35 minutes during flashing.
TOOLS NEEDED TO FLASH
- you need a computer that is running windows os or any other supported operating system.
- you need a data usb cable. there are other usb cables that are only meant for charging only so please dont use that one.
- you will also need the phone that you are going to flash.
FILES TO BE DOWNLOADED
- Download the all Mobicel models firmwares here and extract the zip folder to a normal folder.
- download the vcom drivers here and follow the installation instructions given there.
- Download the SP Flash tool here, extract it out of the zip folder to a normal folder.
- First open the extracted flash tool folder and double click the file named "flash_tool" to run the flash tool.
- Click the "scatter_loading" button on the flash tool to load the scatter file. the scatter file is found inside the firmware folder, so navigate to the extracted firmware folder and double click the file.
- Wait for the flash tool to load the scatter file, uncheck the "preloader check box on the list of files to be loadede to your phone.
- SWITCH OFF YOUR PHONE AND WAIT UNTIL IT IS COMPLETELY OFF.
- Click the download button and connect your phone to the computer with the usb data cable.
- the flash tool will load a red progress bar followed by a yellow bar, after the yellow bar a green tic will pop up.
- done. disconnect the phone and switch it on.