hi. welcome to www.bosstech.co.za and thank you for choosing us. today ill be assisting you flash your mobicel play smartphone by giving you all the required instructions and all the required files that you need in order to flash the mobicel play. The mobicel play is a mtk smartphone which means it is using the mtk cpu and all mtk cpu device can only be flashed using the SP Flash tool which can be downloaded and used for free. ill will be explaining my step by step instructions in details as if im explaining to a complete beginner as i do not know whether you have experience or not in flash smartphones.
TOOLS YOU NEED
- you will need a computer. The only successful way to flash a smartphone is by using a computer because you will need to run the sp flash tool and this tool can only run on a computer operating system, so far you cannot use an android phone to flash another android phone.
- You will need a USB data cable.There are two types of USB cables, there is a charging USB cable, one which you only for charging your phone you cannot use it to copy data from your phone to the computer. There is a USB data cable, this one you can use it to copy data between your phone and computer as well as charging your phone. So to connect you phone to the computer during flashing you need the USB data cable.
- You also need the phone that you want to flash,
FILES DO BE DOWNLOADED
- the first file that you need is the mobicel play firmware/rom. This is the software of the mobicel play or we can say its the complete operating system of the mobicel play. by flashing we are removing the old one and installing a new one that we have downloaded. click here to download the recommended firmware for mobicel play.
- Next click here to download the SP Flash tool, this is the flash tool that you will be using to load the downloaded firmware/rom to your mobicel play.
- click here to download the vcom drivers and follow the instruction given on that link on how to install them. the vcom drivers will help your computer to recognize your phone when you connect it to the computer using the USB data able.
These are the only files needed flash the mobicel play. extract them out of the zip files to normal folder, you might need to use winrar.
- Open the extracted SP Flash tool folder and double click the file named "flash_tool" to run the flash tool.
- click the "scatter_loading" button on the flash tool an a navigation window will pop up.
- navigate to the extracted firmware/rom folder and select the file named "MT6####" then click open. the scatter file will load.
- uncheck preloader check box from the list of files that will be loaded o your phone.
- switch off the mobicel play and wait for it to be completely off.
- now click the download button on the flash tool and connect the phone to the computer using the USB data cable. You can use any USB port.
- the phone will load a red bar followed by a yellow bar, after the yellow bar a big green tic will popup letting you know that flashing is successfully completed.
- disconnect your phone and turn it on.
use the comment button below to request for further assistance.